I updated Anima: UNICO for the last time three months ago, on 17th July. In that date I still hoped to be able torun a crowdfunding campaign to help me end the application with a big final push, to add the missing rules (monster powers, sheeles, gaïa 2…), support for gaming groups, houserules, random NPC generator, etc. Soon after that day, those hopes vanished and, although it was not my intention, that brought unto me a certain let down about Anima.
Since then, I have started a way in Patreon for anyone who wanted help me develop roleplaying software, and have started the first of such software: Workings of Fate, a set of tools for the Fate CORE system. The first tool is the Aspect Generator, to generate random aspects. It is still in development, as I want to add more variety and coherence to its results.
But the numbers are clear. Right now there are 163 users registered in Anima: UNICO, and 367 characters saved in its database (yes, many of them will be repeated, but still, there are a lot). During 2014, 3,521 users have started 7,823 sessions in Anima: UNICO.
(For comparision, Workings of Fate has received 198 sessions from 162 users in aproximately a month).
So it is time to start again looking for time to keep developing Anima: UNICO. These are the main points in my agenda:
- Start the english and french translations. As there is now no impediment, I’ll get the help of anyone who wants to participate.
- Debugging. There are several recurring bugs I have to eliminate. Mainly:
- Ki section vanishes when buying certain abilities.
- Ugly can crash the application.
- MA and zeonic regeneration calculations are not ok.
- Natural bonuses sometimes fail.
- New functions. Main ones:
- Monster powers.
- Printable sheet (and PDF, if possible).
- Rate of Fire and reach of projectile weapons.
- Unarmed as a weapon.
- Damage percetanges.
- Gaïa 2 content.
- Comunity functions.
- Gaming groups, with a DM to set the generation options to be used by the players.
- Selection of books to appear in the application.
- And derived applications:
- Name, aspect, origin random generation.
- Quick NPC random generation.
All of this will take me a lot of time, but it will slowly march forward.
And if the development of further software for roleplaying games seems interesting to you, remember supporting me in Patreon or streaight in Paypal (you can get the donation button in the Workings of Fate page)!